[Gllug] Compaq Smart Array

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Fri Apr 7 14:03:53 UTC 2006

On Apr 07, 01:38, Steve Nelson wrote:
> On 4/7/06, Jim Bailey <jim at freesolutions.net> wrote:
>
> > Any one got any experience of these kind of boxen and could offer any
> > advise.
>
> If you've got an old one, eg a 4100, it won't rebuild automatically.=20
> If its a new one and it's not doing it, there may be a firmware
> setting such as "disable automatic rebuilding".
>
> Eitherway, if you reboot the machine, you should get a message of the sort:
>
> Warning: a physical disk has changed, do you want to migrate the
> settings or start from scratch.
>
> If you choose "migrate" it should go ahead, and the mirror should rebuild.

It is a hardware issue we tried the same thing with an identical box and
it rebuilt so it is a machine specific issue, they are due to be retired
in a few months and mail filtering migrated to something more robust
so I am not going to waste more time on it.

I will build another box next week to replace it, it should limp on over
the weekend.

Thanks Steve.

--
Peace Jim :-)

 Society has always seemed to demand a little more from human beings
 than it will get in practice
 -- George Orwell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk