[Gllug] USB Missile launcher

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Fri Apr 21 07:08:46 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 23:45 +0100, David Bell wrote:
> On Thursday 20 April 2006 23:30, Alan Pope wrote:
> >
> > There's one on ebay [0] for silly money at the moment.
> >
> My son is most disappointed as he would like to borrow my launcher for his
> desk in MOD - but installing the software is not allowed :~(

Do keep up, source code for USB missile launchers in that situation is
being held by the US government.
The MoD fears that such software may have a 'back door' enabling remote
targetting of junior civil servants. Or worse, a remote arming lock
which may prevent your son retaliating in an all-out office war.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-1645922.php

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk