[Gllug] JRE Problems on Suse

Conrad Simon Jarrett conrad at theinterfacesystem.net
Sun Apr 9 16:00:01 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I want to set up a series of sample database templates and forms using the OOo Base program.

However, when I tried to load up a new document/run the wizard function the following pop-up appears:

"OpenOffice.org requires a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to perform this task.  The selected JRE is defective.  Please select another version or install a new JRE and select it under Tools - Options - OpenOffice.org - Java."

I'm running Suse 9.3 with all relevant patches and updates installed, and using OOo version 2.0 for Suse.

The version of JRE is 1.4.2.11-1.1

I have an older version available (1.4.2.06-4.1), which I presume is not defective.  Would I be best installing the older version or is there a patch/update to version 1.4.2.11-1.1?  (And if so, could you point me in that direction?)

Regards,
--
Conrad S. Jarrett,
Facile Princeps

This E-mail was produced on partially recycled computer equipment utilising Open Source Software.

www.theinterfacesystem.net