[Gllug] That distro RMS uses

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Thu Apr 13 17:20:09 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 05:47:08PM +0100, Simon Morris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was watching some videos from this years FOSDEM and RMS mentioned in
> his talk about a GNU/Linux distro he was finally happy to recommend to
> people (it doesn't distribute non-free stuff).
>
> Due to the fact he didn't pronounce his vowels correctly I couldn't
> quite make out the name of the site he was announcing, and I can't
> find it on Google or distrowatch.

(It was consonants he asked the people to pronounce at FOSDEM 2005
and 2006)

> Phonetically it sounded like oooh-tut-too .org.

Ututo - http://www.ututo.org/?country=ENGLISH

I really wouldn't bother as last time I looked at it half of it was
in portugese with no english translation.

> Where is it?? There seems little point calling a distro a name that
> people have difficulty finding.

Seems little point in non-portugese-readers installing it at all :)

--
http://strugglers.net/wiki/Xen_hosting -- A Xen VPS hosting hobby
Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB