[Gllug] /etc/fstab entries

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Apr 14 10:02:57 UTC 2006

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 01:22:11AM +0100, Chris wrote:
> With ext2/ext3 the maximal mount count and the check interval are more
> important to get right.  fsck actually does a check when either are
> exceeded - if set - or where the superblock marks the filesystem as
> not cleanly unmounted/containing errors. In all those cases it will
> run whether or no fs_passno is set to zero.

Not if 'fsck -A' is run.  As the man page explicitly states, systems
with fs_passno 0 will be ignored.  That said, most distributions do not
now use 'fsck -A' in their initscripts.

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.  -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"