[Gllug] HELP Network problem

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Sat Apr 22 12:21:49 UTC 2006

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 01:16:37PM +0100, Greater wrote:

> OK, are you using udev rules to rename interfaces?  Something is messing
> with your interface names and udev is the only remaining culprit.

Which reminds me, there have problems with unstable udev and interfaces
for a while now, mostly because of some hacky patches put in by the
Ubuntu developers and very inadvisably adopted by Debian.  Try turning
off networking, removing the modules for the cards and then reloading
them.

--
Bruce

I object to intellect without discipline.  I object to power without
constructive purpose. -- Spock