[Gllug] ADSL on BT phone wires

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 9 11:14:28 UTC 2006

On Wed 09 Aug, charles wrote:

> If adsl is working at one end of the extension and not the other end( do you
> mean another extension?) then the fault is internal.
>
> Forget the exchange and check the wiring at the other end.
>
> Charles :-)

   I was not involved, the person who fixed the fault claimed that it was
done by reversing the connections at one end of the extension, I think it
was just a faulty connection that he made the week before, but it did raise
the possibility that ADSL might be polarity sensitive. I have not seen any
mention of this possibility before, but would like to get a definitive
answer from someone who knows.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk