[Gllug] [OT] sending video by GSM/GPRS/MMS

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Mon Aug 21 11:11:26 UTC 2006

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:56:37 +0100, Adrian McMenamin
<adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info> wrote:

> Just disovered that it's not possible to do this - ie although I can
> download a video from my PC via bluetooth and it plays fine the only ways
> I am offered to forward it are via email/bluetooth/ir.
>
> Is there a technical reason for this? Is there any way round it?

I think there are limitations on an MMS size.  And it also may rezise it
and degrade the quality.

We did some testing sending images via MMS and it definately reduced the
overall quality.

It could also be your phone/service.

I'd suggest a call to your operator as the first step.  I read of someone
who'd had a contract for years and the service options had not kept pace
with their phone.

Andy
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk