[Gllug] Software Freedom Day

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Tue Aug 15 13:48:04 UTC 2006

On Aug 15, 09:39, Simon Morris wrote:
> Our next GLLUG meeting is on Saturday 16th September which is also
> Software Freedom Day.
>
> 1. I'd like to ask for volunteers to help organise and run the events on
> this day. It is going to take a little bit of planning so if you are
> interested please mail me offlist.
>
> We need more speakers! I'd especially like to hear talks on subjects
> that interest the members of the LUG that are less experienced with
> Linux
>
> * How to backup using tar and gzip/bzip
> * Basic MySQL
> * How to install a Wordpress blog
> * Software management using RPM/APT
>
> If you would like to present a talk (beer included!) or know of a
> potential speaker please let me know.

I just got a prod from someone, you know who you are. ;)

I can do a 5 minute talk and demo about installing Wordpress if people
like, it is about how long it takes, if peeople want me to talk longer I
can throw a Joomla or Moodle install into the mix?

--
Peace Jim :-)

 Physics is not a religion.
 If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money
 -- Leon Lederman

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk