[Gllug] Dedicated servers

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Sun Aug 20 04:04:47 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 02:12:52PM +0100, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> This is something of a hardy perennial, but what would people recommend
> for a really cheap (cheapness is more important than 99.99% reliability)
> dedicated server. Doesn't have to be in the UK but has to be Linux
> (preferrably Debian/Ubuntu or Fedora at worst).

Catching up on this thread rather late, but I see most of the
recommendations you got were for UK- or DE-based providers yet you
say it doesn't have to be in UK.

I don't have any specific recommendations but I would suggest that
you focus on the US if you don't care about it being in UK, as it is
going to be a lot cheaper.

Cheers,
Andy