[Gllug] HAL and udev

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 3 23:32:03 UTC 2006

I'm trying to get gnome-volume-manager to work on Debian. When I plug in
a USB device, udev sees it and creates links under /dev/disk/*, but
doing lshal doesn't show it up. I believe that hald should see it, and I
have default Debian udev rules files that mention hal, but it isn't working.

Documentation on how hal operates seems almost non-existent, and it's
config is an XML mess that is less than clear. Can anyone point me in
the right direction to trobleshoot it....

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk