[Gllug] Persuading Etch to use the right (configured) paper size

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Aug 3 06:16:17 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 22:11 +0100, Chris Bell wrote:
> On Wed 02 Aug, John Winters wrote:
> >

> > Do you know where it should get saved?
> >
> > TIA,
> > John
> >
>    The default may be set initially by the locale setting, then copied to
> each user's home directory.

I've been doing some further tests and I've eliminated local user
configuration as the problem.  I can get exactly the same result booting
a Ubuntu live CD.

There seems to be something in this generation of Debian/Ubuntu (absent
in the Sarge generation) which causes it to ignore the configured
printer paper size.  The hard part is going to be narrowing down exactly
which package is at fault and thus where to submit the bug report.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk