[Gllug] Buying a laptop without windows...

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Sat Aug 5 23:03:09 UTC 2006

On Saturday 05 August 2006 02:39, Jasper Wallace wrote:
> Hi,
>
> yes, it's that old horse shaped stain on the carpet again!
>
> The only place i know that will sell laptops without an OS is
> www.novatech.co.uk, but they have a fairly limited range

I would add that the quality control / build quality may be a little lacking -
I've had two laptops from them in the last six months. Both developed
hardware faults within weeks. The support policy is "if the fault doesn't
occur in Windows it's not real."

Dylan
--
"The man who strikes first admits that his ideas have given out."
                                                (Chinese Proverb)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk