[Gllug] Was there Power Outage at Telehouse?

Matthew Thompson matt.thompson at actuality.co.uk
Thu Aug 17 15:08:26 UTC 2006

Tom Robinson wrote:
> Anyone know about this? Claranet have been out most of the day
> claiming that 'the cables burnt out'. I would have thought they'd have
> had backup generators and redundant power circuitry.

There's only so much redundancy you can build in.

It appears it was the power distribution unit lost power - this is the
last section before your/your ISP's servers so would be difficult to
build in much more redundancy there.

theregsiter.co.uk have some coverage - it appears that this also hit
plusnet - I giggled a little when I heard that.

M at t :o)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk