[Gllug] ADSL on BT phone wires

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Sat Aug 19 14:15:44 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 08:14:01PM +0100, Chris Bell wrote:
> On Wed 16 Aug, Russell Howe wrote:
> >

> > Glad to hear it (no need to bother pulling those master sockets apart
> > which I wired up :)
> >

>    If you bothered to read the instructions you probably got it correct.

The instructions don't tell you how to identify which wire from the
exchange is 'A' and which is 'B'. All the wiring after there, I found
plenty of good documentation on.

Now I have the information to identify A & B, but apparently it doesn't
matter which is connected to 2 and which is connected to 5 (even though
there is a 'right' way round), so I won't bother checking to see if I
got it right :)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk