[Gllug] Interactive Documentation.

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Mon Aug 21 18:12:19 UTC 2006

Peter Childs wrote:

> However a WYSIWYG tool that can handle long documents with proper
> version control and hyperlinks (for glossaries, contence etc) in them
> that work are non-exsistant and hence normal users are stuck using
> Word which is extremly sad. Its simular to the fact that I've seen
> many people running large complex databases in Excel (worse still Word
> Tables)!
>
> If I had a cunning plan to write one I would but I've got no idea how
> it would work.

I am having rather similar problems with (supposedly) rather technical
users who cannot manage MediaWiki. Mind you its formatting scheme is a pain.

I'm currently evaluating a mixture of DocuWiki
(http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:dokuwiki) whose interface is very clean
and offers easy editing, with Writely (http://www.writely.com/) for
generating larger formatted html docs to drop into it with a more GUI
feel. Might work for me: you could have a look.

MeJ
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk