[Gllug] Creating SWF content on Linux

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Wed Aug 23 16:21:36 UTC 2006

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Adrian McMenamin wrote:

> I can generate the video - eg through mencode/ffmpeg - but embedding that
> on somebody's web page and getting it to play is another matter - so i
> suppose what I am looking for the way to build a container for flash video
> along YouTube lines

Building a player is a task that only needs to be done once, you then tell
it which video file to load (via a bit of config and actionscript) and use
the same movie over and over again.

To create that container I would recommend either (a) using a Windows
machine as it's just not worth the time and effort to figure something out
via the FOSS route; or (b) bribe a Flashmonkey to do it for you.

I went the latter route and they're surprisingly cheap :-)

Simon.

--
"Hi this Eddie your shipboard computer and I'm feeling just great guys"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk