[Gllug] Stripping whitespace in bash script

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Sun Aug 13 11:00:52 UTC 2006

Richard Jones writes:

>Rich. (OCaml, of course)

Hmmm. I was put off by the typing. I understand it's is supposedly
one of its strengths, but I just found the lack of automatic type
promotion, and absence of polymorphic arithmetic operators to be
too cumbersome and annoying. Minor niggles, perhaps, but they're
enough to make me look elsewhere.

Why is it that no one seems to be able to write a sane functional
programming language? I'm currently doing a lot of erlang, which
seems to be the best of the bunch, but even that's riddled with
moronic problems (the record syntax, the use of =/= to mean "not
equal to", the terrible string handling, etc.).

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk