[Gllug] Persuading Etch to use the right (configured) paper size

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Wed Aug 2 11:06:50 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 10:51 +0100, Ryland, Peter wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 10:36 +0100, John Winters wrote:
> > If I choose one of the "@:64" options (what are these?)
>
> No idea I'm afraid.
>
> > Anyone any idea where this bad setting is stored?  Or indeed, what
>
> Stored in /etc/papersize.

Unfortunately, this already contains "a4" but it doesn't seem to have
any effect.

> > package is responsible for this component so I can report it as a bug in
> > Etch?
>
> The package is libpaper1 and so can be reconfigured with:
>
> dpkg-reconfigure libpaper1

Interestingly, every time I run this it goes back to "Letter" as its
default choice.  I change that to "A4" and choose OK, but as far as I
can tell the data doesn't get saved anywhere.

Do you know where it should get saved?

TIA,
John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk