[Gllug] ADSL on BT phone wires

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 9 12:14:42 UTC 2006

On Wed 09 Aug, charles wrote:

> Chris,
>
> You do have a definite answer from someone who knows.
>
> Charles :-)
> An ex bt engineer

   Agreed there was a fault in the local wiring, but the fact that it was
cured by a reluctant (off-duty current) engineer re-making the connections
on a call-back did not totally convince me that the ADSL is polarity
sensitive, especially when it worked at the incoming termination but not 2
metres away on the other end of his extension patch cable via a multi-pair.
It could either have been an original misplaced wire or a faulty IDC.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk