[Gllug] Upside-down-internet

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Aug 5 20:14:56 UTC 2006

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, Richard Jones prattled cheerily:
> On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 01:31:05PM +0100, David Damerell wrote:
>> On Friday, 4 Aug 2006, Richard Jones wrote:
>> >What to do when your neighbours leech your wifi connection ...
>>
>> If it doesn't impact your performance, why would you care?
>
> Well, I guess if they start doing illegal stuff.

Their machines are probably running Windows, badly-administered
if at all.

At the very least I'd transproxy the hell out of the untrusted subnet to
make sure they can't accidentally malware-flood the world.

> Anyhow, I liked the blurry-net.  It'd be fun to listen in to the
> inevitable support calls that result from that one ...

Oh yes. `The web seems... out of focus? Have you seen an optician?
What, only the *images*? Have you seen a psychiatrist?'

--
`We're sysadmins. We deal with the inconceivable so often I can clearly
 see the need to define levels of inconceivability.' --- Rik Steenwinkel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk