[Gllug] Consumer SDSL

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Sat Aug 12 10:13:13 UTC 2006

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Dan Stevens (IAmAI) wrote:

> When I was with Bulldog I got about 560kb/s upload bandwidth, which is
> quite generous for consumer broadband. I'd imagine the majority of 8Mb
> service providers will offer a similar upload bandwidth.

ADSL MAX (up to 8Mb ADSL) comes in 2 flavours:

The home variant has a 448Kb/s maximum upload speed.
The busienss one has 832Kb/s as the maximum upload speed.

These speeds are for the ATM bearer (as is the 8Mb figure) so you need to
drop it by about 12% to get the maximum IP throughput.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk