[Gllug] [JOB] IT Support Assitant - Linux experience desirable

Ryan Cartwright ryan at crimperman.org
Fri Aug 18 10:53:49 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I've finally convinced the powers that be to release some funding for an
addition IT support worker.

Largely the post involves Windows & Associated apps support so
experience of that is essential. All our servers (and the IT dept
desktops :o) ) are free software based and we're looking into an OOo
migration in the near future so experience of FLOSS & Linux (the
particular distro won't matter too much) and things like Apache, Exim,
Samba etc.. is desirable. VBA experience will help as well as we have a
couple of Access databases which have not yet been migrated to FLOSS.

The official ad text follows - please note we do not accept CV's -
application forms only.:

<advert>

Contact a Family is a National UK Charity providing high quality advice,
information and support to families with disabled children across the UK.

IT Support Assistant
Salary £23,997 - £25,395 pa (inc. ILW)
City Road, London

We need someone to join our busy IT team in supporting our staff who
are based across the UK.
We are seeking someone with significant experience of PC support
especially Windows and Office XP Experience of network and
database design and support is also required. Exposure to Linux, web
technologies and VBA is desirable. Although based in City Road, some
travel to other parts of the UK may be involved.

Closing date for applications is 19th September 2006.
Interviews will be held on 6th October 2006.

Further details and an application form can be downloaded from
the Contact a Family website at: http://www.cafamily.org.uk/jobs.html
Alternatively, please write to: Contact a Family, 209-211 City
Road, London, EC1V 1JN, e-mail recruitment at cafamily.org.uk
or telephone 020 7608 8777, stating the job title of the post
you are interested in.

Contact a Family is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes
applications
from all sections of the community

</advert>

regards