[Gllug] Creating SWF content on Linux

Simon Perry gllug at si-designs.co.uk
Wed Aug 23 20:09:47 UTC 2006

Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> On Wed, August 23, 2006 5:21 pm, Simon Wilcox wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
>>
>>> I can generate the video - eg through mencode/ffmpeg - but embedding
>>> that
>>> on somebody's web page and getting it to play is another matter - so i
>>> suppose what I am looking for the way to build a container for flash
>>> video
>>> along YouTube lines
>> Building a player is a task that only needs to be done once, you then tell
>> it which video file to load (via a bit of config and actionscript) and use
>> the same movie over and over again.

There seems to be some interesting links here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWF

In the libraries section they list several open source projects

Mind you if you are so anti using a Windows machine to create a
container/player then why are you considering a proprietary format for
distribution over the web ;-p Hell, wouldn't a Java player be a better
choice?

http://www.java-tips.org/java-se-tips/javax.swing/make-your-own-java-media-player-to-play-media-files.html

Simon
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk