[Gllug] PCI-E RAID card for RHEL4/Fedora 5

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Thu Aug 3 20:58:34 UTC 2006

Garry Heaton writes:

>Has anyone come across a PCI-E RAID card which will work with RHEL4 or
>Fedora 5? I'm looking to spend no more than £160 so if no PCI-E models then
>a PCI card would be good 2nd best. I'm looking to setup 3-disk RAID 5 array.

3ware 9500 series. We've had no end of drive failures, but the controller
itself has been fine, and has resynced to the replacement drives as
necessary without problems. The only caveat I'd mention is monitoring.
The only sensible way I've found to check the status of the array is
to poll it via cron. Ideally I'd like it to trigger a user defined action
as soon as it detects failure.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk