[Gllug] Linux ntp talking to MS Windows

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 3 22:55:42 UTC 2006

On Thu 03 Aug, Mike Brodbelt wrote:

> This doesn't solve the original question of course, but I've only ever
> used it the other way round. It's quite easy to make Windows XP clients
> sync to a Linux NTP server, and seems to work quite well.

   I understood that ntp can only nudge the time at a low rate, and is
unable to cope with the fast drift that could occur with a dead battery
hanging on the chip.

   There seems to be growing apprehension about any process requiring write
access to the BIOS hardware in case some malware attempts to abuse the
privilege.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk