[Gllug] Distributed batch processing

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Fri Dec 1 23:23:09 UTC 2006

Hi

I'm in the process of transcribing my vinyl records. The actual recording and
track splitting process is necessarily a hands on process, but I end up with
large numbers of wav files which need cleaning up, normalizing, encoding and
tagging. I currently manually run a script to do this processing.

Bearing in mind that there are usually several machines around here with
resources to spare, I figure I could streamline the process by distributing
the work around whatever machines are available at the time.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? What systems are
there available to help in the process?

Cheers
Dylan