[Gllug] [ANNOUNCE] 7th December Meeting - SNMP, OpenNMS

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Dec 6 23:22:13 UTC 2006

Just a reminder ( reposting Simon's original email ):

On Thursday 7th December we have a GLLUG meeting in our normal
Westminster University Campus venue. The meeting starts at 1900.

There is a map to the venue available online:
http://gllug.org.uk/uploads/wmin-campus.pdf

We need your help in advertising this meeting. If you work in a IT
Department, are a member of a computer club, or are studying in a
location where there might be interest please download this A4 poster
and pin up in a visible location!

http://gllug.org.uk/uploads/Meetings/7thDec06/Poster.jpg (600kb)

--

This meeting is all about monitoring.

1900: Quick SNMP talk

The Simple Network Management Protocol is the core protocol for dozens
of network management and monitoring applications. This talk is a
quick overview of what SNMP is and some of the tool available to
utilise it.

1930: OpenNMS

Jonathan Sartin from the OpenNMS project will be talking about how
best to use OpenNMS to monitor and manage your network resources.

OpenNMS is a reporting, alerting and monitoring package that scales to
large enterprises with thousands of nodes.

2040: Drinks in the Green Man Pub.

There might be raffle tickets to win one of two books. Apress.com
donated "Beginning Ubuntu Linux" and "Beginning Python" to GLLUG.
raffle tickets cost £1 and the winning ticket can choose one book. A
second ticket will be drawn for the remaining book.

All proceeds go to the charity Help a London Child. Last week we
raised £34 for the charity.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk