[Gllug] Fedora legacy shutting down

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Sun Dec 31 22:14:49 UTC 2006

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006, Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> http://fedoranews.org/cms/node/2320
>
> I'm not an expert on Fedora, but this would seem to be a problem for
> those who use Fedora as "Free RHEL".  Not having a target to stick to
> would be a real problem in my eyes.

They never offered Fedora as an enterprise OS.

I see no point in maintaining RH7.3-9.0 and early Fedora releases. It's so
long since RH moved to their current model that maintaining old releases
must surely become a harder and harder target to meet.

Surely it's better for those who want a stable platform to chose a
distribution designed to deliver that. I believe it starts with D and ends
in ebian.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98