[Gllug] Configuring SPF to cope with secondary incoming mail servers

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Mon Dec 4 18:31:32 UTC 2006

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> why bother testing when most of the spam comes from domains that dont publish
> a spf record ?

Don't they? I just had a look at some of my spam emails and a majority of
them (appear/claim to) come from places like gmail, hotmail and aol and
they have spf records.

Incidently, by far the biggest CPU user on my server and the same at my
dad's work, is from SpamAssassin and to be honest SA it not even that
good. How is a quick DNS lookup expensive?

Regards
Henrik