[Gllug] Fwd: [Probably Solved] Re: KDE's Selected Text/Active Title Bar Colours Are Constantly Reverted in Mandriva 2007

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue Dec 5 11:18:46 UTC 2006

Subject: [Probably Solved] Re: KDE's Selected Text/Active Title Bar Colours
Are Constantly Reverted in Mandriva 2007
Date: Tuesday 05 December 2006 11:04
From: Shlomi Fish <shlomif at iglu.org.il>
To: "Linux-IL, " <linux-il at linux.org.il>

Replying to myself, I'd like to say that I believe I found a way how to solve
the problem. After inspecting the kdebase package code, I found that the
current colours are specified in the "kdeglobals" file in the [WM] section
and in other sections. However, my kdeglobals file did not contain the
activeBlend= key (which is for the active title bar) and other keys.

I tried saving the color scheme again from the KDE control center, and
afterwards the kdeglobals indeed contained these keys. So I realised that
somehow it got over-rided by a different kdeglobals that did not contain
them.

What I did as the time was kill X using Ctrl+Alt+Backspace, so when KDE
 starts it will use that kdeglobals file. However, there's a better way:

1. Open a terminal window and input the following command (but don't press
enter):

	cp ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals ~/kdeglobals-GOOD

2. Fire up the KDE Control Center, and set the colours to their good setting
again.

3. Press enter in the terminal you've opened.

4. Exit KDE.

5. In a virtual console (Ctrl+Alt+F2), run the following command:

	mv -f ~/kdeglobals-GOOD ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals

(Press enter for it now).

6. Start KDE again.

It seems to have worked for me so far - I'll see if it persists and if it
indeed does, I'll post this message to my blog.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il