[Gllug] [OT] Apache and Mime problem? Or Vodafone problem?

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Thu Dec 21 11:09:00 UTC 2006

I have been writing some MIDlet (java on mobile phones, basically) stuff
and have hosted a download page on an (apache2) server I control and,
AFAICS have correctly set the MIME types on the server.

But with some phones (especially, it *seems* those on Vodafone) the
WAP/GPRS browser refuses even to open the download page - complaining it
is invalid or similar.

Various online WAP browsers and my main phone (a SonyEricsson K700i
Orange) have no problem.

Anybody have any experience/insight with this sort of thing?

OK - here's the bit you might want - but please don't start a flame war
over the politics - if you are a Conservative just don't bother :-)

http://hatemytory.com/java/deploy.wml