[Gllug] Tornado in London

Kevin Cave kevin at scarygliders.net
Fri Dec 8 07:44:40 UTC 2006

Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Andy Mindel wrote:
>

>> Our flat was hit badly, the damage:
>>
>> Our house is the one on the left:
>>
>> That's my bedroom, so kinda lucky I'm in Chicago and my girlfriend was
>> at work.
>>

> I'm glad you were not hurt.
>
> When the storm passed our home in Borehamwood my wife commented that the
> winds were behaving like a tornado and that one would soon form.
>
> Watching the live pictures and the Sky helicopter flew overhead I was
> stunned to see the extent of the damage - one house lost the whole side
> wall -
> http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/picture_gallery/0,,70141-1243280-2,00.html
>
> Jason

Living in Burnt Oak (soon to be moving) we were a little bit closer to
the action. When the
storm struck I was in the loft clearing out our stuff before we leave
for good. Being a bit of
a weather nerd I had a bit of a inkling that perhaps being up in the
loft wasn't such a great
idea at that time so got down from there to have a look at the action.
We were fortunate that
the tornado hit a few miles south west (ish) from us, but I hate to
think what it would have
been like if a tornado struck whilst I was in that loft!

Regards

Kev.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk