[Gllug] Recommendations for web hosting companies

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Dec 27 12:00:29 UTC 2006

Thomi Richards wrote:
> Let me define "decent":
>
> * Reasonable uptime.
> * Linux based (goes without saying really).
> * LAMP options available (I don't mind paying extra for these features).

from these features it sounds as if you want a slice of a machine - aka
shared hosting.

> I've been looking at rackspace, but I don't need anything nearly as
> powerful as that.

from the sounds of rackspace - you seem to want a dedicated box ?

so. umm... what do you *really* need ? :)

Also, I'd recommend you look at European and American hosting options -
you might get a lot more for your money and in some cases, better terms
of service as well.

- KB
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk