[Gllug] Java/AMD 64bit

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Thu Dec 21 23:38:49 UTC 2006

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 10:49:32PM +0000, Yashpal Nagar wrote:
> Hi list
>
> Is there any java SDK  for AMD Opteron 64 bit exists? I tried find on
> web not could't find anywhere.

Yes, it's on java.sun.com as Martin pointed out.

One thing worth pointing out - Sun still haven't got their act together
with the amd64 version of the JRE - there's no Java web start or Java
plugin (I'm assuming that the plugin API for Gecko/firefox/etc is now
stable on amd64?).

So long as you don't need JWS or the plugin, you'll be fine with the
amd64 release

Debian even have packages (although only for 1.5.0 last time I checked)