[Gllug] Configuring SPF to cope with secondary incoming mail servers

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Dec 7 13:56:27 UTC 2006

On Thursday, 7 Dec 2006, Jason Clifford wrote:
>On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, David Damerell wrote:
>>Furthermore a site with a stupidly short retry is definitely broken
>>and senders of email from broken systems are going to lose now and
>>again no matter what we do.
>What I can guarantee is that our users wont loose mail because of the
>stupidity of such senders.

No, you can't. Senders at a broken site are going to have problems
sending sometimes no matter what you do.

>As an ISP that's my job.

But the question isn't _for_ ISPs; it's for individual mail sites
considering a secondary MX that cannot implement their own policies.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!
Today is Teleute, December.