[Gllug] Recovering disk space

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Dec 10 18:59:36 UTC 2006

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 23:52:59 +0530 "chanka perera"
<chanka.perera at gmail.com> wrote:

> use GNU tools : http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/ and make sure next time
> before anything first start backup your valuable data.

Thanks for the reference, but it's not clear to me what this does. As
I said, no data was lost, since I don't mess around with PCs that
contain data.  What I want is my disk space back.

> use gnu tools : http://www.sysresccd.org/

This looks more useful, thanks.

But I'd still like to know if reinstalling XP will sort out my problem
by itself. I'm going to reinstall it, since this is going to be my
backup Windows PC (for those occasions when I absolutely *have* to use
it), so, if my disk space returns as a side-effect then this minimises
my effort. But I was under the impression that XP would just accept
what it found in the way of partitions, and the documentation doesn't
tell me flip about it either way,

--
 All the best,
 John