[Gllug] Help with 2007 OSDL Linux Wireless summit

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 17:30:51 UTC 2006

GLLUGers,

OSDL [1] is organizing the second OSDL Linux wireless developers
summit. The OSDL Linux wireless developers summit was put together to
bring together key Linux wireless developers in an effort to further
advance the state of Linux Wireless. The 2007 summit is scheduled to
take place in London in January 2007. The location and time frame is
based on IEEE-80211 working group's 2007 meeting scheduled to take
place January 14-19 at the Hilton London Metropole in London [2]. We
try to schedule the summit near the ieee80211 meeting to try
accommodate developers in the industry who will be attending their
meeting as well.

We are now working to try to get a meeting place for our summit. Our
tentative date for the summit is:

Thursday, January 19 - Friday, January 20, 2007

Our current meeting options are limiting us to 15 people max. Our
expected number of attendees is expected to reach a possible maximum
of 35, as such we are looking for alternatives for our meeting
location. Since you are the Greater London Linux User Group, since it
seems you are only a couple of miles away [3] from the Hilton London
Metropole, and since it seems you may have good ties with the
Westminister University I figure I'd check with you to see if you
might be able to assist us in obtaining a room/rooms for our summit
during any of the dates specified above. Help with this would be
greatly appreciated.

If you need more information please do not hesitate to ask.

[1] http://www.osdl.org/
[2] https://ieee802.facetoface-events.com/sessions/41/index.php
[3] http://tinyurl.com/y3xwe6

PS. I may be able to host a presentation for your group too (time
permitting) on intro to Linux Kernel Development

Regards,

 Luis