[Gllug] Fedora legacy shutting down

Matthew Cooke mpcooke3 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 31 23:32:03 UTC 2006

>From: "Martin A. Brooks" <martin at hinterlands.org>
>To: Greater London Linux User Group <gllug at gllug.org.uk>
>Subject: [Gllug] Fedora legacy shutting down
>Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 21:42:32 +0000
>
>http://fedoranews.org/cms/node/2320
>
>I'm not an expert on Fedora, but this would seem to be a problem for those
>who use Fedora as "Free RHEL".  Not having a target to stick to would be a
>real problem in my eyes.

I used to use redhat as a server distro and now use Fedora Linux. The reason
i do this is purely because I have used redhat for a long time and it is
generally well supported by 3rd party software providers.

I only recently upgraded a server to Fedora Core 5 so it's a bit of a blow
to hear that Fedora Legacy is stopping. Most people i know that used to run
the unsupported redhat or fedora distros are now using CentOS. I will
probably go that route as it looks like the path of least resistance, and
since I'm primarily a developer not a sys-admin I have little desire to
learn Debian.

Matt.