[Gllug] Vodafone 3G modem

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Mon Dec 11 17:51:29 UTC 2006

Christopher Hunter wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 16:17 +0000, Alex Crow wrote:
>. I don't
>> think it's a true 'hard limit', but I guess they will pester you if go
>> too far over.

> They claim it's not a "hard limit", but in reality they either charge
> you silly amounts of money over your basic limit

With Vodafone UK it's 15 pounds per megabyte over 1G if you have a
data-supporting company contract, more if not. Much more expensive
roaming abroad.

I have the original Option Globetrotter remote access card - which I
have never yet got working with Linux.

We are currently using the T-Mobile version (again its an Option card
but a very different one GT Fusion+ EMEA) on a contract which offers a
substantial amount of data traffic flat rate for about 45 pcm. Again I
have yet to get it working with Linux. It is NOT the older version which
presented itself as USB devices <sigh>.

There is an external USB version coming (available already in Spain,
Belgium) which is what I intend to buy next, and which should be MUCH
simpler to get working...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk