[Gllug] [OT] Website disclaimers

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Sun Dec 17 17:37:43 UTC 2006

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, Peter Cannon wrote:

> > I wonder how effective it has been as a means of actually getting more
> > people to visit the area.
>
> I don't know about getting people to visit the town but getting 'web hits' is
> obviously working seeing as we've all had a look ;-)

That's my point though. The website doesn't exist for itself - like all
advertising it has a purpose which is to get people to buy the product.

I was wondering how effective such a campaign (whether deliberate or
inadvertent) does any more than drive visitors to the website/viewers to
the Ad - ie do those extra viewers actually translate into more sales or
not?

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98