[Gllug] [OT] Appreciation

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Dec 14 07:18:02 UTC 2006

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, James Roberts wrote:

> > ... but then I discovered gpart. A number of patches to gpart later, and
> > I was home free. Strongly recommended
>
> It's saved my (veggie) bacon more than once :)
>
> And it's always (so far) guessed right!

I don't trust any computer process to be able to guess right where it
comes to recovering one of my systems hence I already print out and keep a
copy of my partition table.

On more than several occassions I have been able to recover data from
failed disks as a result.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98