[Gllug] RE: Wireless encryption

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Dec 29 15:59:30 UTC 2006

Alex A. Smith MCP wrote:
[snip]
> I think it's more the casual "Oh look, I can connect to this wireless" or devices
 > randomly connecting of their own accord (Yes it does happen).

I can vouch for this.  Some time ago my brother came to stay overnight
on a business trip.  I found him in our spare room happily using his
laptop to retrieve his e-mail.  "It's all right", he said, "I can
connect to your wireless LAN no problem".  The only thing was I hadn't
got a wireless LAN at the time.  We subsequently worked out that he was
using my next door neighbour's access point, and I gave him a bit of
CAT5 patch cable so he could connect to my wired system instead.

John