[Gllug] AMD Sempron and Abit NF7

john gennard joney at clara.co.uk
Sat Dec 23 16:29:52 UTC 2006

I've been given this Motherboard with a CPU which became
surplus following an upgrade, and I've decided to make
up another box.

It's a long time since I built a box (my main two run
at 1Gig and 1.2Gig, and I really don't have need of any
greater speed since I don't number-crunch or game), and
it seems things have changed considerably. I've downloaded
NF7's Manual and shouldn't have any real problems except
for the rating of the CPU. Nowhere in the Manual does it
give the range of speeds which are compatible with the
Mobo, and the processor itself does not state it's speed
or settings unless these are hidden in one of the long
strings of numbers and letters. There is one 'string'
which could be meaningful - 'SDA3000DUT4D', but I don't
want to take a chance and fry things. There is also a
number '28103' by itself.

AMD's and many other websites dealing with Semprons don't
help me - many talk about FSBs, and I know this Mobo will
do 200/266 and 333, but what does the CPU do.

Can anyone help please or suggest how I can identify the CPU?

Cheers,

John.