[Gllug] [OT] Appreciation

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Fri Dec 15 15:15:45 UTC 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Juergen Schinker wrote:

> yeah but when you stay stable you haave quite old stuff and the developers
> have compiled all but what you need in the binaries...

And how is that any different to the only way to have a stable Gentoo (or
any other) system?

Servers are long term investments and so is the software running on them.
Having "quite old stuff" on a server that does exactly what it is
commissioned for and which is up to date with security releases is called
a stable and reliable system.

I prefer all my services to be run on such systems. That way I can get on
with running a business while the computers get on with their job.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98