[Gllug] [OT] Asking to be spammed?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Tue Dec 26 18:41:23 UTC 2006

Nix wrote:
> On 21 Dec 2006, Richard Jones outgrape:
>> What is the latest thinking on spam filtering?  My solution (using
>> SpamAssassin) is becoming increasingly slow and ineffective, and I'd
>> like to hear what other people are doing.
>
> If you're not running sa-update periodically, do.

I wasn't previously aware of this and have just read the man page and
then run it.  It creates a new directory called "/var/lib/spamassassin"
and then creates a directory in it called 3.001007, into which it puts
the stuff which it downloads.

Given that this is a completely new location, do I have to do anything
further to get SA to start using this new information?  The man page
doesn't say.

TIA,
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk