[Gllug] How much space left on a tape...

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Wed Dec 6 00:05:37 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 23:19 +0100, salsaman wrote:
> Adrian McMenamin wrote:
>

> >Sorry, my original message was unclear. What I mean is I am doing weekly
> >or so backups on 4GB tapes - the DAT drive capacity is 4GB. How do I
> >know how close I am to this routine needing to be changed?

Thanks for the various suggestions. The answer seems to be - if I want
to do this simply (these are unattended backups that tend to run while I
am out of the house) there is no simple way - ie I cannot run a simple
command and have that emailed to me so when I get home I know the backup
might fail tomorrow/next time with the addition of another 1000 lkml
messages in the mix.

I suppose I knew that all along, but just wanted to check