[Gllug] Recommendations for web hosting companies

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Dec 27 12:57:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 12:09:10PM +0000, Thomi Richards wrote:
> On 12/27/06, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> >from these features it sounds as if you want a slice of a machine - aka
> >shared hosting.
> >

> Yep - that's what I'm angling for... although I like the idea of a
> dedicated *virtual* machine.. although I guess that tends to be more
> expensive..

A virtual machine is certainly useful, although you have to be
prepared to take full responsibility for managing it, just as if it
was the real thing.  They're not very expensive now, and are sure to
become a lot cheaper as technologies like Xen become more readily
available and easier to manage.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.