[Gllug] [OT] Asking to be spammed?

Gundemarie Scholz spamyousilly at inbox.ru
Thu Dec 21 08:19:50 UTC 2006

Hong Chyr wrote:
> This is a bit off topic, but I'm currently testing a firewall with
> spam filter services, and is wondering if there's a site where I can
> trigger a deluge of spam my way, so to test the effectiveness of the
> spam filter? Is there such as service? or is this concept of spam
> filter testing completely wrong?

I have seen both downloadable archives and spammed domains for offer in
de.admin.net-abuse.mail, I will have a look later to see if I can find
it. I guess something similar is available in
news.admin.net-abuse.email. If you want to burn a mail account allegedly
a good way is to use it for usenet postings in general, and test or
binary groups in particular. Or just "unsubscribe" it from all those
spam mails you have, whether you got spam on that account or not, it
should be enough for the spammers to confirm the address they get is
valid.

Regards,
Gunde

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk