[Gllug] FQDN for local mail relay?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 19 00:15:02 UTC 2006

On Mon 18 Dec, Garry Heaton wrote:

> Chris Bell wrote:
> >    Everything here posts via the local Exim mail server as smart host, it
> > then re-writes the "From: " header before sending it on.
> >

> So you reckon I should be rewriting the "From:" header?
>
> Garry

   I am typing this on riscpc.localdomain and my mailserver is sitting on
the same local network, but there is a local DNS A record pointer to it as
postman.mydomain (see the header on this email), it is configured as
postman.mydomain and it re-writes the "From: " header and gives the correct
"helo" response. It also has an alias as postman.localdomain so that
everything else just knows it as "postman".

--
Chris Bell